Minority- and woman-owned businesses make significant contributions to Fairfax County's economy and add breadth and diversity to the business community. The county leads Virginia in the number of companies owned by Asians and Pacific Islanders, African-Americans, Hispanics, American Indians and Alaska Natives, and women. All data is from the U.S. Census Bureau's 2007 Survey of Business Owners, the most recent data available.
- A selected list of Fairfax County's minority- and woman-owned companies is available in a downloadable format.
- The resources for minority-owned businesses page contains useful links to local, state and federal procurement sites, as well as organizations and media sites.
African American-Owned Businesses
|Total number of firms||7,714|
|Total sales and receipts||$1.3 billion|
|Firms with paid employees||652|
|Sales and receipts||$1.1 billion|
|Annual payroll||$440.1 million|
- Fairfax County African American firms on the Black Enterprise Industrial/Service 100 list.
- African American-Owned Firms Fact Sheet
American Indian- and Alaska Native-Owned Businesses
|Total number of firms||460|
|Total sales and receipts||$61.1 million|
|Firms with paid employees||78|
|Sales and receipts||$54.3 million|
|Annual payroll||$19.9 million|
|Total number of firms||18,915|
|Total sales and receipts||$5.3 billion|
|Firms with paid employees||3,923|
|Sales and receipts||$4.6 billion|
|Annual payroll||$1.5 billion|
|Total number of firms||9,628|
|Total sales and receipts||$1.8 billion|
|Firms with paid employees||1,039|
|Sales and receipts||$1.8 billion|
|Annual payroll||$569.3 million|
- Fairfax County firms on Hispanic Business magazine's 500 largest Hispanic-owned firms list.
- Hispanic/Latino-Owned Firms Fact Sheet
|Total number of firms||34,242|
|Total sales and receipts||$5.8 billion|
|Firms with paid employees||4,465|
|Sales and receipts||$4.7 billion|
|Annual payroll||$1.6 billion|