The Fairfax County Economic Development Authority (FCEDA) promotes Fairfax County, Virginia, as a world-class center of commerce and trade and the technology hub of the east coast. The FCEDA provides a wide array of information and free confidential services to help American and international businesses locate or expand commercial operations in Fairfax County. Every year the FCEDA assists hundreds of companies with expansion or relocation needs.
Businesses contribute to the real estate tax base, which helps to pay for high-quality public services, such as schools and social services. As the Fairfax County populace grows and diversifies, the FCEDA must continue to attract new businesses and workers to generate the business taxes that help pay for the services that residents will want and need. All FCEDA services are available at no cost.
Business Development Services
- Identifying possible real estate locations in the county for new or expanding commercial businesses and providing current real estate market information for the county, Commonwealth of Virginia and metropolitan Washington, D.C.
- Providing information about Fairfax County’s commercial zoning, taxes and other government processes.
- Establishing contact with Fairfax County government agencies that issue permits, and obtain answers to questions that arise.
- Assisting international firms in establishing a U.S. location.
- Helping entrepreneurs find local sources of venture capital.
- Helping small, women- and minority-owned businesses find resources to expand their operations.
- Assisting entrepreneurs interested in starting a business in Fairfax County.
- Providing information for employees relocating to the county.
The FCEDA appreciates your investment in our community and recognizes the importance of retaining your firm as an employer. Let us tell you how we can help your business grow and thrive in Fairfax County.
In addition to the services cited above, the FCEDA has the authority to issue revenue bonds to finance the acquisition, construction or equipping of various types of facilities.
- Publications: Browse the latest FCEDA publications and fact sheets.
- Business Calendar of Events: Find out more about events for members of the Fairfax County business community.
- Business Counseling at Board of Supervisors’ offices: FCEDA staffers are available on a monthly basis in several Board of Supervisors’ offices to offer free on-site, one-on-one business counseling.