Fairfax County residents have access to top-quality medical care at the area’s fully accredited hospitals and medical centers.
The Inova Health System consistently wins recognition from national publications and organizations for effective management, innovation and patient service.
- Four of Inova’s five hospital—Inova Fair Oaks, Inova Fairfax, Inova Hospital for Children and Inova Mount Vernon—are located in Fairfax County.
- Inova Fairfax ranks as the best hospital in the Washington, D.C., region by U.S. News & World Report and in the top 3 percent of hospitals that received national recognition in medical sub-specialities.
- Inova Fairfax Hospital has the only Level One Trauma Center and pediatric intensive care unit in northern Virginia.
- The Inova Fairfax Medical Campus is undergoing a $850 million campus expansion project. The project includes a new medical/surgical tower and expansion and improvement of facilities at Inova’s Children’s Hospital and Women’s Hospital.
- Inova operates two HealthPlexes—comprehensive, state-of-the-art medical facilities with a wide array of services, including full service, 24-hour-a-day emergency care—in Springfield and Lorton.
- HCA’s Reston Hospital Center, Dominion Hospital and two surgical centers in Fairfax County provide services to residents of Fairfax County.
- Reston Hospital Center is an acute-care medical and surgical facility that offers a full range of services, including 24-hour emergency care, maternal/child health, inpatient and outpatient surgical services and state-of-the-art cancer care.
- Reston Hospital Center consistently appears at the top of the Centers of Medicare and Medicaid Services core measures rankings and has earned high honors for attentive patient care and nursing excellence from ANCC.
- Dominion Hospital provides mental health services for children, adolescents and adults through inpatient and partial hospitalization programs.
Kaiser Permanente operates six medical centers throughout Fairfax County. Tysons Corner Medical Center opened in 2012 and offers state-of-the-art medical services.
Children’s National Medical Center, based in Washington, consistently ranks among the best pediatric hospitals in America. In Fairfax County, Children’s operates a regional outpatient center and a center for cancer and blood disorders.
The Fairfax County Health Department operates clinics, community care centers and district offices countywide. Detailed information on various Health Department programs and services can be found on the department’s Web site.
Fairfax County human services agencies provide a wide range of programs that provide assistance to children, adults, senior citizens and families. For more information about these and other community services groups, visit www.fairfaxcounty.gov/living/healthhuman or the county’s Department of Systems Management for Human Services’ online Human Services Resource Guide.