- Doing Business Here
- Our Global Presence
- Our Diverse Business Community
- Living Here
- Media Center
- Facts and Figures
Marketing Communications Strategies and Tactics workshop series
The Fairfax County Economic Development Authority presents Marketing Communications Strategies and Tactics Workshop Series
Businesses can offer great products and services, but they can’t reach potential customers without effective communications and branding strategies. The FCEDA designed the Marketing Communications Strategies and Tactics workshops to provide companies and entrepreneurs the tools to understand how to formulate and execute an applicable branding plan. The series emphasizes a broad range of best practices and are appropriate for small and mid-sized companies and are an excellent resource for businesses that want to grow.
Marketing Communications Strategies and Tactics is a series of five workshops designed especially to help small businesses develop branding and marketing communications programs to build awareness with potential customers and partners. The dates and topics of the workshops are:
- September 22, 2015: Crafting the Elevator Pitch
- November 18, 2015: Social Advertising
- January 20, 2016: Content Marketing 1.0
- March 16, 2016: Dos and Don’ts of Branding
- September 21, 2016 (rescheduled): LinkedIn for Marketers
The sessions are free of charge. Sign-in and networking for each session will begin at 7:30 AM, and the program will run from 8:00 AM –10:00 AM at FCEDA headquarters, 8300 Boone Boulevard, Tysons Corner, Virginia 22182. The January 20 workshop also will have a session that runs from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Light refreshments will be available at each workshop. For directions to the FCEDA, click here.
Note: Workshops and seminars will be canceled when Fairfax County Public Schools (FCPS) announces delays or cancels classes due to inclement weather. FCPS announces delays or cancellations on its Web site, www.fcps.edu, and on local television and radio stations.
The Marketing Communications Essentials series is being presented by the FCEDA in collaboration with its communications partners, Siddall and The Hodges Partnership.
Presentations from this workshop series:
- September 21, 2016: LinkedIn for Marketers (PDF)
- March 16, 2016: Dos and Don’ts of Branding (PDF)
- January 20, 2016: Content Marketing 1.0 (PDF)
- November 18, 2015: Social Advertising (PDF)
- September 22, 2015. Crafting The Elevator Pitch (PDF)