Entrepreneurship 101: Starting a Business in Fairfax County
The FCEDA conducts a monthly* workshop for individuals interested in starting a business in Fairfax County. Held in partnership with the Virginia Department of Business Assistance (DBA) and the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA), the sessions provide overviews of:
- Business start-up basics (licenses and permits)
- DBA workforce service and training programs
- SBA financing and resources
- SDB, MDE and 8(a) certification
The workshops are generally held on the first Tuesday of each month, unless a holiday precedes the first Tuesday, in which case the date is shifted to the second Tuesday of the month. There is no charge, but pre-registration is required. Click on the link below to find out which sessions are open for registration.
Sessions in 2014 are scheduled for January 7, February 4, March 4, April 1, May 6, June 3, September 9, October 7 and November 4. Register here.
Registration and networking begin at 7:30 a.m., and the program runs from 8:00 a.m.–10:30 a.m. at FCEDA headquarters, 8300 Boone Boulevard, Suite 450, Tysons Corner, Virginia 22182. For directions, click here.
Workshops will be canceled when Fairfax County Public Schools (FCPS) announces delays or cancels classes due to inclement weather. FCPS announces delays or cancellations on its Web site, www.fcps.edu, and on local television and radio stations. When workshops are canceled, they will be made up seven days later beginning at 8 a.m.
* No workshops are scheduled for the months of July, August and December.
- For more information, contact Karen Smaw at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Register here for an upcoming "Entrepreneurship 101" workshop