The Power of Ideas is nourished by our diverse population and wealth of international companies. The creativity of Fairfax County’s work force is legendary, attracting more than 400 companies from more than 40 nations. We have FCEDA offices around the globe to assist companies that want to expand or relocate here. This is complemented by direct flights to global markets through Washington Dulles International Airport. On a typical day Dulles provides flights to more than 125 destinations around the world.
Fairfax County is one of the premier centers of commerce and technology in the United States, providing international businesses the environment needed to grow and succeed in the 21st century. Fairfax County is strategically located on the mid-Atlantic seaboard close to neighboring Washington, D.C. International businesses seeking a U.S. headquarters find Fairfax County attractive for a number of reasons, including:
- one of the world's largest clusters of technology firms, services and workers;
- a state-of-the-art technology infrastructure;
- one of the largest commercial office markets in the U.S.;
- access to a regional market of more than 6 million people;
- direct links to global markets through Washington Dulles International Airport;
- proximity to the U.S. federal government; and
- proximity to international financial institutions as well as the diplomatic community and embassies.
The Fairfax County Economic Development Authority (FCEDA) assists international companies that are interested in expanding or relocating their operations to Fairfax County, Virginia by providing a wide array of free confidential services and information specifically targeted toward foreign-owned firms. In addition to the U.S.-based International Marketing Division, the FCEDA has offices in Bangalore, London, Munich, Seoul and Tel Aviv to offer full assistance to companies from abroad that are interested in setting up business or expanding in Fairfax County.