The FCEDA has three marketing divisions — National, International, and Business Diversity — that work with companies interested in starting, expanding and relocating businesses to Fairfax County. The FCEDA also has market intelligence, real estate services and communications divisions.
Marketing staff members:
- Work with companies looking for office space;
- Assist small, minority-, veteran- and woman-owned companies with business-development services;
- Help international firms understand how to open a U.S. office;
- Match firms with sources of venture capital;
- Make introductions to business and community organizations; and,
- Act as a liaison with county and state regulatory agencies.
The FCEDA real estate, market intelligence and communications divisions:
- Generate location and facility options for companies;
- Provide information on industry sectors and markets; and,
- Brainstorm media and public relations opportunities.
Industrial Revenue Bonds
To carry out its goal of developing commerce and promoting the safety, health and welfare of those who live and work in Virginia, the FCEDA has the authority to issue industrial revenue bonds to be used in financing the acquisition, construction or equipping of various types of facilities. Nonprofit organizations and manufacturers are eligible for assistance with IRBs. For more information, please download the IRB Documents packet that includes application materials and information on issuance fees, and contact us for detailed instructions.