Green Finance for Climate, Clean Energy, and Sustainability Technology
January 21 @ 3:30pm - 5:30pm$5 – $15
About this Event
More than ever, innovative financing solutions are needed for “climate tech” companies and projects. This year’s program explores the federal government’s and investors’ approach to accelerating innovative finance in the targeted sectors of climate change, clean energy, and sustainability. The discussion will also show how companies can take advantage of these offerings. It will focus on how climate tech solutions can achieve commercial viability and growth through a combination of grant/equity finance and project finance. The program will consist of two panels of experts that will explore financing arrangements that companies are pursuing.
Panel 1 – Grant and Equity Financing
- Dave McCarthy, Executive Director, Potential Energy DC
- Claire Broido Johnson, Managing Director, Maryland Momentum Fund
- Madhav Acharya, PhD, Technology to Market Advisor, Advanced Research Projects Agency-Energy (ARPA-E), U.S. Department of Energy
- Nathaniel Jackson, CEO, TrueAlgae
Panel 2 – Renewable Energy Project Financing
- Martin Silber, Chair, Green Finance Working Group, Leaders in Energy, Leaders in Energy
- Kiran Bhatraju, CEO, Arcadia
- Jamie Martin, Executive Director, Global Sustainable Finance, Morgan Stanley
- John McKenna, CEO, Hamilton Clark
In the meantime, please contact Agustín Cruz (email@example.com), PEDC’s Director of Programming if you have any questions.