- This event has passed.
How to Navigate Teleworking… From the Experts!
October 28 @ 8:30am - 9:30amFree – $15
Telework!VA is your one-stop free resource for businesses, agencies and employees looking to learn more about telework or how to implement a successful telework program.
Virginia companies seeking guidance on how to design a telework program will find all of the tools they need at www.teleworkva.org/ . Included within this site are step-by-step instructions on how to implement E-Learning Tools, as well as success stories from companies with proven, successful strategies for planning and managing a telework program. Other insights include training and managing methods, helpful resources and tips on how to sell your program to upper management and staff.
The intended audience for this session includes Employers, Managers, and Teleworkers. The presentation will cover the following agenda items:
- Introduction and history of the Telework!VA program
- Telework!VA services provided (at no cost)
- Benefits of Telework
- Manager Tactics
- Best Practices and Tips for Teleworkers
- Maneuvering through this big shift to telework
At the conclusion of the session, the audience will achieve the following learning objectives:
- Understand the benefits of telework and how it impacts the business
- Learn how telework can help to better maneuver through this pandemic
- Begin a game plan to incorporate sustained telework into their operations model
- Learn common traits of successful remote/telework managers
- Understand misconceptions as it relates to telework
- Learn how to manage and evaluate by results and not observation
- Learn telework best practices for handling distractions, stress, etc.,
- Understand how telework is advantageous for the teleworker
- Learn practical telework tips on ergonomics, setting up your workspace, and technology