- This event has passed.
ProcureConnect Mid Atlantic Buyer Forum 2021
June 10 @ 10:00am - 11:30am
Join us to connect with top contracting representatives from the public and commercial sectors who will update small, disadvantaged, and woman-owned businesses on their newest government and large primes‘ contract awards, resources, and opportunities.
This interactive event will give attendees the opportunity to network at an informal meeting through the Zoom platform. Guests are invited to network with fellow participants and our largest size buyers throughout the room.
Grab a cup of coffee and get connected!
10:00 am- 10:05 am: Greetings/Recognition (5 mn)
10:05 am – 10:20 am:
LEADERSHIP KEY NOTE REMARKS:
MS. AMY KIM, AREA DIRECTOR 2 (CONFIRMED)
U.S. Small Business Administration / Office of Government Contracting (15 mn)
Amy Kim is the SBA Area Director, Region 2, U.S. Small Business Administration / Office of Government Contracting. Prior to this role, Amy was the Women-Owned Small Business Program Manager with the SBA Office of Government Contracting.
In that role, Amy provides expert support and guidance in interpreting and applying statutes, regulations, and policies regarding the Women-Owned Small Business Federal Contract Program.
Prior to joining SBA, Amy was the Deputy Director for Small Business with the Naval Surface Warfare Center Carderock Division. She advised the Command leadership on acquisition strategies and market research to ensure that small businesses are afforded maximum practicable opportunities to participate in Federal contracts. Amy holds master’s degrees in public administration and business administration.
10:20 am – 10: 25 am: Session Introduction (TBD)
10:25 am – 11: 15 am: Panel Session Total: 50 mn
Theme: “Strategies for winning and sustaining contracts”:
Successful contracting is not just about connecting with prospect buyers: Winning contracts, performing effectively, and keeping relationships matter even more.
The panel discussion with be led by four largest government and prime Panelists who will share with suppliers on strategies for winning and sustaining contracts and foster productive relationship with your customers.
Our discussion will center around 5 areas:
1. What are some of the activities the Small Business Officers are doing today to stay close and to outreach and help small businesses?
2. What are some of the contracting opportunities-projects – agency or program updates?
3. Insights from Small Business Officers on best practices they may advise suppliers regarding building relationship in the new environment
4. Insights from Small Business Officers small businesses on best practices regarding maintaining performance in contracting in today business climate
5. And, in addition: We are proud to present Leadership Keynotes on SBA contracting trends & federal government opportunities available for the VA – DC -MD Region 2.
Moderator and Theme Introduction:
Robyn Snyder, Supplier Diversity Manager, Lockheed Martin
1. Tina Wang, Small Business Liaison Officer, The Boeing Company, Global Supplier Diversity
2. Chris Mc Gough, Fairfax County Government’s Supplier Outreach Coordinator, Fairfax County Department of Procurement and Material Management
3. Wande Diakite Leintu, Deputy Vice President, Department of Supplier Diversity, Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority (MWAA)
4. Andrea Jackson, Small Business Inclusion Manager, District of Columbia District Department of Transportation Department of Supplier Diversity
11:15 am – 11:30 am: Q-A Session (15 mn)
11:30 am: Forum concludes.
Please contact us at : email@example.com
Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire on the below outstanding Sponsorship opportunities!
Gold Sponsor $250
One-minute remarks to entire audience
Name recognition on all social media marketing
Two complimentary seats
Individual one on one referral to all 4 Buyers via personal introduction
Silver Sponsor $150
One-minute remarks to entire audience
Name recognition on marketing
Individual one on one referral to 2 Buyers of your choice via personal introduction.