- This event has passed.
WALA Creative Entrepreneurs Series: Negotiation Strategies
October 6 @ 11:00am - 1:00pmFree – $20
Session #4: Tuesday, October 6, 2020 ~ Negotiation Strategies
Presentation and Q & A with:
Covered in this session:
“In business and in our personal lives, we are constantly needing to negotiate and collaborate with other people – people whose interests differ from our own.
Success in our lives therefore can hinge on how well we engage in these necessary interactions with others. This program offers attendees tips and tools for being a successful negotiator and collaborator.”
• the fundamentals of interest-based negotiations and avoiding the zero-sum game,
• the power of language in negotiations,
• what mediation is…and is not,
• when to consider facilitated negotiations,
• how to facilitate meetings and avoid breakdown and deadlock, and
• how to plan, prepare for, and participate in negotiations.
Marjorie Conner brings over 30 years’ experience in negotiation to this session. Marjorie has negotiated resolution in deals, litigation, the breakup of partnerships and businesses, and even disagreements among family members. Marjorie generally advocates an interest-based approach, using the other party’s needs to accomplish her client’s goals. Marjorie served on the WALA board from 2005 until 2012.