- This event has passed.
Winning and Sustaining Business with the U.S. Federal Market
May 4 @ 12:30pm - 2:00pm
An event every week that begins at 12:30pm on Tuesday, repeating until Tuesday, May 18, 2021
The U.S. Government market comprises of nearly 90,000 separate governmental entities: 3,034 Counties; 19,429 Municipalities; 16,504 Townships; 35,052 Special District Governments; 13,506 School Districts; 512 Native American Nations; 50 States; a District of Columbia; six U.S. Territories; and one huge Federal Government that spend $3.5 trillion annually on people, staffing, programs, projects, products, services and solutions … More than 780,000 Federal Contractors are registered to chase those many dollars … Make sure your company’s “chase” is on the correct course and speed.
Session #1 (5/4): Targeting and Engaging Federal Customers
- Overview of U.S. Federal Government Market and Commonwealth of Virginia Markets; the latter including the state’s four-year public universities and two-year community colleges.
- Tips for Surviving and Thriving / Strategy, Gap Analysis and Gap Remediation:
- Strategy and Infrastructure
- Go to Market Planning and Execution
- Pipeline Development, Management and Measurement
- Opportunity Pursuit and Capture
Session #2 (5/11): Best Practice Go-to-Market Planning and Execution
- Identifying Business Problem / Opportunity
- Situational Analysis (Strengths / Weaknesses / Opportunities / Threats)
- Solution Offering (Products / Services)
- Target Market (Industry / Segment), Knowledge and Dynamics
- Competitive Environment
- Launch Marketing Strategies
- Launch Goals and Metrics / Demand Projections
Session #3 (5/18): Business Development, Capture Strategy and Proposal Response
- Market Knowledge
- Competitive Intelligence
- Lead Qualification Process
- “Go / No Go” Process
- Balanced Pipeline Development Process
- Capture Strategy Process
- Proposal Response Process
- Lessons Learned Process
Kevin P. Young is a long-time, Washington, DC-based resource as a Professional (IBM Federal, Unisys, SAIC); Management Consultant (Capgemini, CSC / CSRA, Deloitte, Deltek, ITT / Harris, Leidos); Adjunct Professor (George Mason University’s School of Business); and Thought Leader (Government Market Master™ Executive Education Program, U.S. Small Business Development Center). Since “Bush #41,” he has helped Federal Contractors of all shapes, sizes and disciplines to survive and thrive in the U.S. Federal Government marketplace – and win business at the Departments of Defense, Energy, Health and Human Services, Homeland Security, Justice, State, Treasury, Transportation and Veterans Affairs; Intelligence Community; and Broadcasting Board of Governors, NASA, SBA and USPS. State clients include Pennsylvania, Texas, Virginia and West Virginia. Industry honors have included the IBM Outstanding Achievement in Marketing Award, IBM Award of Excellence, and (as IBM site team) Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award.
Mr. Young’s special guest will be Thomas Springer of SPRINGER LAWSON & ASSOCIATES (https://springerlawson.com/), who will discuss Federal Government Contractor Solutions to Maximize Enterprise Value in the areas of Growth, Transaction and Optimization Management.