High-quality utilities are vital to the success of today’s businesses. After all, the power of ideas requires having power! Fairfax County’s corporate and residential communities are served by numerous power, water and communications suppliers, while the Fairfax County Department of Public Works and Environmental Services maintains a safe, reliable public infrastructure that is integral to our quality of life. The department oversees information on sewers and septic tanks, roads, trash collection and disposal, as well as recycling.
- Cox Communications — 703-378-8400
- Comcast Cable (Reston only) — 800-COMCAST
- Verizon FiOS — 800-483-4000
- Dominion Virginia Power — 888-667-3000
- Northern Virginia Electric Cooperative (portions of western Fairfax County only) — 888-335-0500
- Washington Gas — 703-750-1000
- Columbia Gas of Virginia (small areas of Fairfax County, including all of Ashnut Lane; check your meter) — 800-544-5606
- Fairfax County Office of Public Works and Environmental Services–Wastewater Management Program — 703-324-5015
Contact information is provided for the most common providers of residential and long distance telephone service (excluding wireless providers) in Fairfax County. A complete list of providers is available from the Virginia State Corporation Commission (SCC) Division of Communications at 1-800-552-7945; TTY 1-804-371-9206.
- Comcast Communications — 1-800-COMCAST
- Cox Communications — 703-378-8422
- RCN Telecom Services — 800-746-4726
- Verizon — 703-954-6222or 800-483-4000
- Verizon Business — 800-826-2355 or 800-483-5000