The Fairfax County Economic Development Authority (FCEDA) provides interested parties with several online communities in which to hold constructive discussions, solicit advice or input, and provide support to peers. Participation in such communities is a privilege, not a right, and is reserved for those who conduct themselves in a professional and responsible manner. We also abide by the Fairfax County government social media usage policy.
To make the FCEDA social media sites the best possible environment for all, we ask that users follow a few simple guidelines. We reserve the right to change these policies at any time.
By participating in our social communities, you agree to abide by these policies and guidelines
- Participants must contribute to the community in a constructive fashion, exhibiting patience, understanding, tolerance and respect; and,
- Posts older than 30 days may be removed.
Please don’t spam. Spam is posting the same message repeatedly across the network, writing the same post or comment over and over again or sending the same message to multiple members. If you are reported or deemed to be a spammer, you may be banned from the FCEDA social communities.
Insults and Harassment
Using FCEDA sites in these ways is not permitted:
- Profane or personal attacks that disparage any ethnic, racial, age and religious group, gender, sexual orientation or identity, or disability status;
- Harassment of businesses or organizations;
- Inflammatory language, or symbols that represent vulgar language;
- Comments or images that are deemed slanderous, libelous, fraudulent, misleading or unlawful;
- Threatening comments or images, whether physical or not, against FCEDA staff and any individuals;
- Posting of personal information of yourself or anyone else. Personal information includes but is not limited to, contact information, personal account information, or full names of staff members with whom you have spoken “offline.”
- Solicitation or link-baiting.