COVID-19 Emergency: Information, Resources and Assistance for Businesses
The novel coronavirus (COVID-19) public health emergency is creating hardships and challenges for many in the community, including businesses. Continuing business operations in today’s situation is challenging and the Fairfax County Economic Development Authority (FCEDA) is working to assist businesses with information and access to critical resources during this emergency.
The FCEDA, like other economic development organizations in the region, has shifted to working virtually until April 30, and our staff is working full-time with businesses of all kinds to offer assistance and direct them to resources. For direct assistance, email the FCEDA at email@example.com, or call 703-790-0600 to leave a voice message for our staff.The FCEDA coordinates appointments with SCORE, the nation’s largest network of volunteer, expert business mentors. In-person mentoring sessions and appointments have been suspended through April 17, but SCORE counselors/mentors are available via phone, email and a variety of video-conferencing services. To get in touch with SCORE to set up an appointment for business counseling, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition, keep current with the Fairfax County government’s coronavirus-related news, resources and information:
- Visit the Fairfax County web portal for coronavirus that serves as a one-stop online resource for information for businesses.
- Call the Fairfax County Government Health Department Call Center at 703-267-3511 with Coronavirus questions; open 9:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. weekdays and 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. on weekends.
- Text FFXCOVID to 888777 to receive updates from Fairfax County about COVID-19.
- Email questions or concerns to email@example.com. This email account is staffed Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Learn more about COVID-19 on the Health Department Coronavirus (COVID-19) Webpage or FAQ page.
- Follow the Fairfax County Government Facebook Page and Health Department Facebook Page.
- Follow @fairfaxcounty and @fairfaxhealth on Twitter.
Here are some useful resource links:
Health and Safety:
- Fairfax County Health Department
- Virginia Department of Health
- Commonwealth of Virginia
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Small Business Resources:
- Policy & Regulatory Changes
- Tax Changes
- Loan and Grant Programs
- Health, Labor and Safety Guidance
- Economic Impact
- The Stephen S. Fuller Institute at George Mason University: “The Effect of the Coronavirus Pandemic on the Washington Region’s Economy”
- Business Continuity Webinars (Video)
- The Northern Virginia Chamber of Commerce presented a webinar series focused on business continuity planning with best practices and insights on managing your business through unexpected events. All of these webinars are available on demand.
- Counseling and Mentoring
- Community Business Partnership
- George Mason University Small Business Development Center
- SCORE, a non-profit resource funded by the U.S. Small Business Association
- Food Establishments
- Virginia Government FAQ for Workers
- Unemployment Compensation
- Emergency Food and Assistance