COVID-19: Phase 3 Reopening Guidelines
Phase 3 Virginia guidelines for businesses and employees
The Commonwealth of Virginia will begin its third phase of reopening on Wednesday, July 1, 2020. Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam made the announcement on June 23, citing the region’s continued downward trend in key health metrics.
While this third stage eases some restrictions, the plan still emphasizes a “Safer at Home” strategy, telework, social distancing and mandatory face coverings inside public places.
Phase 3 summary:
- Safer at home—especially if you are vulnerable
- Continued social distancing
- Continued teleworking
- Face coverings required in indoor public spaces
- Expanded business operations
For additional information on Phase Three, click here.
PHASE THREE UPDATES: (Beginning March 1, 2021)
- Governor Northam Increases Capacity Limits for Outdoor Sports and Entertainment Venues as COVID-19 Hospitalizations and Infection Rates Continue to Fall, Vaccinations Rise
PHASE THREE UPDATES: (NOVEMBER 2020 – FEBRUARY 28, 2021)
- Governor Northam Announces New Statewide Measures to Contain COVID-19
- View Updated Phase Three Guidelines
Visit virginia.gov/coronavirus/forwardvirginia for more information and answers to frequently asked questions.