COVID-19: Phase 3 Reopening Guidelines
Phase 3 Virginia guidelines for businesses and employees
The Commonwealth of Virginia will begin its third phase of reopening on Wednesday, July 1, 2020. Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam made the announcement on June 23, citing the region’s continued downward trend in key health metrics. Phase two guidelines remain in effect through June 30.
While this third stage eases some restrictions, the plan still emphasizes a “Safer at Home” strategy, telework, social distancing and mandatory face coverings inside public places.
Phase 3 guidelines can be found here. Governor Northam’s presentation outlining Phase 3 can be found here. During Phase three, non-essential retail and restaurant and beverage services will be open with physical distancing required.
Phase 3 summary:
- Safer at home—especially if you are vulnerable
- No social gatherings of more than 250 individuals
- Continued social distancing
- Continued teleworking
- Face coverings required in indoor public spaces
- Expanded business operations
For additional information on Phase Three, click here.
The Northern Virginia Regional Commission, a regional council of 13 member local governments in the region, put together this 30-second video as a “welcome back” message for businesses.
As plans are made for a phased reopening of various industries and sectors, here are some additional resources.
- The Virginia Small Business Development center has posted a helpful guide and checklist for businesses who are planning to reopen. It also offers specific guidance for restaurants, Retail, Salons and Barber Shops, Fitness Centers, Childcare, Entertainment Venues and others.
- Recovery Readiness – a how to guide for preparing your physical office and staff for returning to the “new” workplace.
- National Retail Federation – a blueprint for safe shopping.
- National Restaurant Association – a guide for restaurant industry reopening.
- Posting of Maximum Occupant Load – the Virginia Construction Code and Statewide Fire Prevention Code specify the posting of the maximum number of occupants for certain assembly spaces.
- Guidance for Building Water System Flushing After Closures – tips and best practices from Fairfax Water.
From the CDC:
- Businesses and Workplaces – Plan, Prepare and Respond
- Reopening Guidance for Cleaning and Disinfecting Public Spaces, Workplaces, Businesses, Schools, and Homes
- Restaurants and Bars
- Youth and Summer Camps
- Youth Sports
From the FDA: