- This event has passed.
Transformation or Disruption: Technology and the Future of Accounting
October 16 @ 8:30am - 5:00pm$100
Be part of the technology conversation and be prepared to take a lead role in the digital transformation of business. The GMU 2020 Emerging Technology Conference will bring together leaders from government, education, and industry to help you and your organization navigate the evolving technology landscape and provide powerful, interactive conversation and experiential sessions. This dynamic conference focuses on understanding the unknown consequences as well as the emerging opportunities that await the accounting and financial management professions. Learn strategies of how to capitalize on these profound professional and personal changes.
The 2020 Emerging Technology Conference will be held 100% online. Virtual attendees will discover an array of interactive features that ensure NASBA CPE compliance. These features include audience polling, the ability to post questions during each session, and the capability to interact directly with specific attendees and small groups to participate in discussions in real-time. Attendees will also be able to participate in online networking sessions.
Recordings of the presentations will be available immediately after the conference is held to registered attendees. Continuing professional education (CPE) credit is available to participants who meet the eligibility requirements. Before the event, each participant will receive an e-mail with detailed instructions to access the conference via live stream.
See conference registration information for cancellation policies.
What You’ll Learn:
- How technology will change strategic business planning and demand operational efficiencies to remain competitive.
- How blockchain will impact accountants and auditors.
- How AI and process automation will impact the workforce, and the skills and knowledge that will be required for accounting and finance professionals.
- How to explore the massive disruption in workforce dynamics and human emotions—and the unknown consequences and opportunities that await the profession.
- What changes to expect in the future for AI, robotics, and analytics as discussed by industry experts and software providers.
- Hands-on use of leading technology platforms; analytics and data visualization; and more.