Healthcare in Fairfax County
Fairfax County is a hub for leading-edge technology — and it’s proven every day in our hospitals and medical centers. Among them:
Inova Health System consistently wins recognition from national publications and organizations for its innovation and patient service. Five of Inova’s seven hospitals are located in Fairfax County.
- Inova Fairfax Hospital has often been ranked as a top hospital in the Washington, D.C. region by U.S. News & World Report and in the top 3 percent of hospitals that received national recognition in medical sub-specialties. This hospital has the only Level One Trauma Center and pediatric intensive care unit in northern Virginia. The Inova Fairfax Medical Campus is a 923-bed medical center that also includes the Inova Women’s Hospital, Inova Children’s Hospital and the Inova Heart and Vascular Institute.
- Inova Fair Oaks Hospital is a top ranked 182-bed acute care community hospital.
- Inova Mount Vernon Hospital is a 237-bed hospital that is home to the nationally recognized Inova Joint Replacement Center and Inova Rehabilitation Center.
- The Inova Center for Personalized Health occupies a 117-acre campus in Merrifield, creating a leading center for translational cancer research and patient care based on genomic science, bioinformatics and individualized therapy. This growing center includes the Inova Schar Cancer Institute and the Inova Translational Medicine Institute.
- Inova also operates two “healthplexes” – comprehensive, state-of-the-art medical facilities with a wide array of services, including full service, 24-hour-a-day emergency care – in Springfield and Lorton.
HCA’s presence in Fairfax County includes Reston Hospital Center, Dominion Hospital and two surgical centers. Reston Hospital Center is a full-service acute-care medical and surgical facility with 24-hour emergency care, maternal/child health, inpatient and outpatient surgical services and state-of-the-art cancer care. This hospital consistently appears at the top of the Centers of Medicare and Medicaid Services core measures rankings and has earned high honors for attentive patient care and nursing excellence from ANCC. Dominion Hospital provides a wealth of mental health services for children, adolescents and adults through inpatient and partial hospitalization programs.
Kaiser Permanente operates six medical centers throughout Fairfax County. Tysons Corner Medical Center opened in 2012, with urgent care, after-hours and pharmacy services.
Children’s National Medical Center, based in Washington, consistently ranks among the best pediatric hospitals in America. In Fairfax County, Children’s operates a regional outpatient center and a center for cancer and blood disorders.