Richmond Highway investment opportunities webinar set for May 19
The Fairfax County Economic Development Authority, Fairfax County Government and Bisnow present a webinar: “Investing in Richmond Highway: Exploring New Development and Business Opportunities in Southeast Fairfax County” on Wednesday, May 19, at 12:30 p.m. Eastern Time.
Click here to register.
Thanks to the forward-looking Embark Richmond Highway strategy of Fairfax County to encourage growth on the corridor, the corridor is ripe for transit-oriented development and investment opportunities.
With a comprehensive strategy that includes $1 billion in bus rapid transit and other infrastructure improvements, Fairfax County is setting the stage for new walkable, transit-oriented mixed-use development along Richmond Highway. According to a study by Partners for Economic Solutions, this 7.3-mile corridor can grow up to 50 percent by 2035 with residential, retail, office and hotel opportunities. Learn how you can make an early investment in this corridor poised for major opportunities.
Fairfax County officials, developers and stakeholders who see the potential of Richmond Highway will be presenting during the webinar. The featured speakers and panelists will be:
- Dan Storck, Supervisor, Mount Vernon District, Fairfax County Board of Supervisors
- Victor Hoskins, president and CEO, Fairfax County Economic Development Authority
- Dan Fulton, senior vice president, Zonda
- Elizabeth Hagg, section director, Community Revitalization Section, Fairfax County Department of Planning and Development
- Andrew McIntyre, senior executive vice president, Combined Properties
- Christine Robertson, senior developer, Pennrose
- Ed Murn, managing director and head of residential, Washington REIT
- Mark Viani, shareholder, Bean, Kinney & Korman
- Rodney Lusk, Supervisor, Lee District, Fairfax County Board of Supervisors
Topics of discussion will include:
- Why is Fairfax County’s Richmond Highway catching the attention of the commercial real estate investment community?
- What incentive programs are available for investors and developers on Richmond Highway?
- What asset classes are in development along the Richmond Highway, and which developers are the top players?
- How are new transit projects spurring mixed-use development opportunities along Richmond Highway?
- What are Fairfax County’s goals for Richmond Highway’s corridor in the short and long term?